Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dad

Dad looked really good tonight. He is up and walking great. He still uses a walker but isn't too far from getting rid of that. He was able to have the catheter removed and that made him feel better. I actually saw him smile a time or two. He looked really good. He doesn't eat much still. He has lost about 30 pounds since this whole thing began.


The Doctor came today and almost let him go home but he decided to have him stay for the weekend and work on his balance a little more. Monday is the big day. I think mom said Home Health will come in a couple of times a week. Not totally sure on that. It will sure make visiting him allot easier for me because Bo is hell on wheels when we go there. There is a cockatiel (not a very nice one) and a big dog named Molly that has lived at the nursing home since she was a puppy. Aubrey and Bo love them. Oh, there is also a fish tank. Bo found the fish food and dumped it out. I think it was a brand new bottle (a pretty good sized one at that). I had to go find the vacuum. There is even a Wii for the residents to play. I wonder if they play Guitar Hero. Wouldn't that be a sight.

Mom and Dad played Bingo today and got Bingo cash. They can spend it at the store on Monday. Ye Haw. I am glad that dad felt like playing. Things are looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment